People’s Daily Online is looking for two full-time English-speaking editors. The openings are based in Beijing.
- Edit English articles produced by Chinese reporters to ensure quality, professional journalistic writing
- Work with Chinese editors and reporters in covering major events
- Provide guidance and training for the team
- Write commentaries
- Native English speaker or native-speaker proficiency, under the age of 60
- For applicants holding a bachelor’s degree, a minimum two years of experience in news reporting and/or editing is a must; applicants holding a master’s degree or above are exempt from the requirement if they have an education background in the field of journalism, communication, international relations, China studies, or relevant majors
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Command of Chinese language and/or being able to translate from Chinese is strongly preferred
- Video reporting and editing skills a plus
- Keen interest in and solid knowledge of China
- Responsible and committed team player
- Willing to work overtime and able to work under tight deadline pressure
Qualified candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance and paid holidays.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org